Friday, September 28, 2007

Blog Moving...

I am sad to say that this is my last blog post on this site. I have moved my blog to CardRunners.com, under blogs- IversonXX3's blog. They have just redone their site completely and it's much better and tons of good promotions/features, though just have to get used to it a bit. I'm also posting here because I want to blog, but at my junior college public comp, I cannot log into CR for some reason; it keeps saying I have to register... Neway, saw CTS's 25/50 vid yesterday, and it was very good. Definitely Fridays are the best for videos as far as entertainment value and level of thinking (the high stakes cash game vids). Looking forward to that. My plans tonight are to go to a friends house and maybe spend the night and whatnot. Saturday I can hopefully go out with a lady friend and see what happens w/ dinner and a movie or somethin...

October 6th I'm going to Brad Paisley concert and gonna hopefully have tons of fun w/ friends and go nuts. Country concerts are supposed to be sick, so I don't care if I'm into Country music.

Got a $104 stake from a friend (Heir_Aparent) who just got $1.1k yesterday. He said it was from a bet he made with a friend that he won... (sick that he makes $1.1k bets...) It's a 50/50 stake for me at HU SNGS. I lost a $55 A9 to KK when board was 9224, and river 9, and I paid off riv to end my tourney life. Same happened with QQ to 47 on the 455 flop turn 7 river 4... sooo gross. Did manage to make the nastiest call I've ever made with pretty shallow stacks hu at my $52.50 hu sng. Button limped, I checked with my T4 or 94o or something. Flop comes A84, two spades. I have no spade in my hand. I check/call a flop 100 bet (blinds were 50/100 so pot was 200, so he beth alf pot on flop). Turn comes Qs. I check, he bets 150. I think a bit and call. River is the 4th spade, a 5s. I check, he fires 300 pretty quickly, I tank and call with mybottom pair crappy kicker on the 4 flush and ridic overcard board. He flips 102o and I scoop the pot to take half his chips and have a 3:1 or 4:1 chiplead (don't remember). VERYsick for me and a major confidence booster to correctly thinka bout people's ranges. My thought process: He was limping the button with a wide range, so I would assume he couldn't have a high spade in general, and probably a rele junky hand. Anyway, I c/c the flop because I figure he's not limping an ace, and he's minbetting in position with any hand he's limping the button with for sure. The turn is a good scare card and overcard. So he would certainly check behind a 9 on the turn IMO- he wuz bluffy but not retarded. He bet 150 into the 400 on the turn, perhaps more, I'm not sure. Neway, I thought the ONLY hands he could have are air or Q's. High spade IMO just not possible cuz he'd raise (he'd been aggressive with a high spade). River comes the 4th spade. Board is A84Q5ssss board. He fires 300 into the 600 pot or so (i know my math of the pot size sux I'll post hh soon- sry!) I tank. He bets the river spade. He's not betting two pair, he's not betting a straight, and he's not betting a low spade for value because I c/c the turn, so most likely I had pair+decent spade draw. I put him on nothing for those reasons, and made like the most nutso call I've ever made in my life. By no means the most influential amount of money I'd been playing for ($50 hu sng), but I woulda NEVER thought of making this call in my LIFE a few months ago, so I think I'm getting better and more theoretical, as well as my head clearing up.

Goal- My roll now is $220. When I get a chance, I'll play a $220 hu sng, then hopefully I can get to the next level... if I'm a little short to do that I'll playa nother $220. So if I have to do that, I'll have a $600 roll, I'm going to play a $500 hu sng, then a $1k, and so forth I'd say... I'm just goi all out- I seriously think I'm a very good HU sng player. In actuality I only ahve to win 4 sngs in a row, 3 of which at double the stakes, to get a $2k roll (so technically a $1k roll after I pay him his part of the stake). If I get that $1k roll, I'll make sure to grind 6max sngs or HU sngs with decent rolls, mainly playing when motivated, NOT when bored or w/e. I really do have confidence in my MTT, STT, and HU SNG game, just I need to run ok and win races, which is soo tough. Pce.

No comments: